[Altruistic-Economics] Understanding The Financial 'Crisis'

Robin Upton robin2008 at altruists.org
Tue Dec 21 02:44:03 PST 2010

I have just posted my take on the Financial 'Crisis'. The main point is
that all the parallels to earlier depressions are mistaken and that most
media comment on the topic amounts to discussion of who should sit on
which deck of the world's titanic financial/political system. No mention
of the iceberg of ecological catastrophe which has already gashed its
side. Perhaps an overly pessimistic metaphor for what I hope is an
uplifting and revealing presentation. Judge for yourself at
http://altruists.org/ae602 - feedback either on or off list very welcome.

I've had something of a year's break from Altruistic Economics, in
Europe and South Korea. The main new responsibility which I took on was
a weekly radio show. I haven't described Altruistic Economics as such,
but have made several similarly spirited episodes, on the Gift Economy,
'economic literacy', 'economic development' and so on. I'm keen on out
of the box audio (on any topic, short of UFOs) for inclusion on the
show. All episodes are downloadable from http://www.UnwelcomeGuests.net

Robin Upton