[GiftEconomy] Ernest Manns little free press.

fran k frank_bowman at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 31 03:54:41 PDT 2010

Hello. Networkers, theorists, thinkers and talkers and doers, of the practical other greater sharing economy, (but not yet an economy providing livelihood, life).  Well well done for your work.

For us and me.

I have a couple of issues to ask your opinions on, but have to phrase and word them coherently so wont be for a while yet, but sooner the better for me.

However, here, I want to ask people on this network, whether they or anyone they know has the collection part or whole of Ernest Manns 'little free press' monthly letters. Ernest was a good friend of our 'give and take', gift economy group, he lived in minnesota, and wrote out to about 120 people per month, as well as writing the books, 'free I got' and 'i robot', and he and Carol Gatts also produced the 'Portals to Paradise' picture. We knew him in the 90's and around 2000, when he was looking after 'grandson', he was killed by said gson. We have had our collection 'taken', probably trashed and would appreciate being able to get hold of them, or copies of them to be able to eventually put up, publish, on the internet, to be able to amuse and inspire people to the gift economy.

Thankyou. I really like your focus on livelihood and lifes needs  kellia. And wish you well with it. (Although I work for a total gift economy I recognise that exchange may have its natural place for others, even though it itself causes shortage, and if they wish to live in shortage, so be it. So for the sake of consensus, agreement and assistance and harmony, I see basic life needs as a distinct set of resource set apart, that needs to be out of the exchange economy. As a first priority and quite possibly the only priority,  to smoothly allow us who wish to, to come out of this pyramid race and form and increase an increasing gift economy, taking all into it, while not threatening the competitives who can carry on paying and competing for their hairbrushes and all the other resources as they do now, but with increasingly less cooperative peoples to assist them).

:) frank