[GiftEconomy] 'Emerges'? How about 're-emerges'?

Duane Eareckson duaneeareckson at msn.com
Sat Apr 23 09:10:16 PDT 2011

But the capitalist drive will not be extinguished. They will to "optimize"
the culture of sharing for their profit, whether by persuasion, threat, or
force, and they will find ways. Their hypocrisy, that they will not
<i>share</i> their optimizations, is the glint which betrays the
machinations to inject extraction in the network of cooperation.

The "central authority" will be the architects of the means of sharing. The
means of sharing cannot be totally autonomous and will be organized, to some
extent. Whereas a rising tide would lift all boats, in an ebb tide, someone
will have to pay for the tugboat.

The most revolutionary force in the world will not go down easy.

Duane