[Altruistic-Economics] Alternative Economics & Altruism

Robin Upton robin2008 at altruists.org
Fri Jun 25 08:49:23 PDT 2010

Dear Michael,

I would challenge you not to suggest small improvements, but to follow
your hearts beyond the limits of acceptable discourse, beyond the
presupposition of selfishness, and look outside the exchange paradigm
altogether. If the present system is fundamentally not sustainable,
let's not try to sustain it! :-) Let's make one which resonates with our
highest ideals. I think altruistic economics may be able to help you
expand on your vision, and sharpen your analysis of what is going on.
Maybe we can even come up with a working system. We're currently only a
small group of volunteers working on this, but there is the Margaret
Mead factor to consider.

Please be aware, when you see the attached that I've highlighted the
differences for purposes of clarity. I am actually in broad agreement
with the spiritual progressive agenda. Keep giving all you can,

Robin