[GiftEconomy] stewardship and open culture - movementcamp.org

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 14:20:35 PDT 2010

http://www.openstewardship.org/

<http://www.openstewardship.org/>
http://coalition.movementcamp.org/circle/Work-Party-Plan

http://www.coalitionblog.org/2010/09/stewardship-and-open-culture/

<http://www.coalitionblog.org/2010/09/stewardship-and-open-culture/>*"Stewardship,
as an ethic, implies taking responsibility for and managing a collective
resource. Open Stewardship is a way of thinking, acting, and being that
invites and facilitates the ongoing care and co-creation of shared resources
within complex, fluid environments. These shared resources can be understood
in the narrow sense of code, concepts, or designs. Shared resources can be
understood in a broader sense to include our environments — both our online
environments, and the places we live (our cities, towns, neighborhoods).
Finally, our shared resources include our collective social contexts – our
groups, organizations, institutions, and networks. Open Stewardship invites
and facilitates the care and development of these resources in the context
of ever-expanding networks of projects and concerns."*